You have no items in your shopping cart.
In celebration of springtime, and sometimes no reason at all, I like to make these cute little bird’s nest treats. The trick to making these yummy sticky treats is to butter up your spoons or spatulas, and your hands when your forming the mixture into a nest. They are really simple to make, but you gotta work fast once you take the mixture off the stove.
To make these treats you will need the following:
3 tablespoons of butter
10 oz. of marshmallow fluff
6 Cups of Chinese Chow Mein noodles (about two 12 oz. bags)
and assorted candies to put in your nests like chocolate eggs, jelly beans, marshmallow Peeps. ( for my nests I used chocolate eggs and I colored some shredded coconut which I will explain how to do later)
1. First thing you want to is measure out the 6 cups of chow mein noodles into a large bowl and set aside so you can easily dump them into the marshmallow mixture later.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add marshmallow fluff and stir until its completely melted.
3. Mix in Chow mein noodles. Stir until everything is well coated. Remove from heat.
4. On a wax paper lined cookie sheet, drop a spoonful of mixture and quickly form into a nest shape with an indent in the middle to place the candies. A buttered muffin tin might be better to use since it will help you form a nest easier.
5. Decorate nests and enjoy once they are completely cool, because if you just cant wait, they will crumble and fall apart.
Makes about 24 Nests.
To color coconut:
You will need one tablespoon of water and a few drops of your favorite food color. The intensity of the color depends on how much of it you add to the water. So if you want a pale color, try using less. Mix water and food coloring. In a bowl add shredded coconut and colored water and stir until the coconut is well colored. On a cookie sheet, spread out colored coconut and let it air dry before using.
If your taking a few nests to somewhere special, our cupcake boxes will hold them quite nicely.